Published: Wednesday 11th Aug 2021
20 Coastal Retreats Summer Experiences
Plan your summer escape with these experiences unique to our cottages.
- Get the family together, light the barbie and hang out at party pad Moo House
- Enjoy the summer sun from the patio at The Beach Pad with an icecream from Coxon’s
- Imagine you are on the continent at the exquisite French chic Retreat The Lantern House
- Enjoy lazy summer nights in the funky ‘Chelsea Flower Show’ garden pod at Driftwood
- Let the young ones have their own garden adventures in the woodland at Dairy Three
- Choose which of the two gardens to sunbathe in at Garden Cottage while the children run around in their knights and princesses outfits from the dressing up box
- Channel your inner Elizabeth and Mr Darcy from Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice by the lake at The Lodge@Shirewater
- Relax while the children enjoy the swings, sandpit, wendy house, trampoline, table tennis, table football and football goal at Nook End
- Towards the end of the summer pick some apples from the sunny orchard at The Apple Store
- Enjoy private membership (entry fee applies) of the nearby Ocean Leisure Club pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and steam room when staying at Bluegrass
- Make the most of the many sunny spots at The Bamburgh Coach House for dining al fresco, reading or using the ample space to enjoy some family games.
- Watch the boats coming and going from Amble marina while enjoying a glass of red from the balcony at Quayside or The Nelson
- Take your dog on holiday with you too at The Bolthole and enjoy a walk on nearby Beadnell beach
- Indulge in a clifftop picnic at the viewing area at Seagrass. From this shared area overlooking the coast, you can see Bamburgh Castle, The Farne Islands and Holy Island on a clear day
- Explore Seahouses Old Quarter before buying some of Northumberland’s best seafood or fish from Swallowfish and cooking it back at Seafarer’s
- Be sociable out in the sun at the landscaped garden at The Wood Store
- Make a gin and tonic, slip into your bathing suit and catch some rays from the balcony at Skyfall
- Relive the past in contemporary surroundings at The Smithy – a former blacksmith’s home near Beadnell.
- Stay at The Old Paper Mill, just 15 minutes from Newcastle and see its Quayside in all its glory from the Millennium and Tyne bridges to the Sage Gateshead and Baltic Art Gallery
- Meet new friends in the communal area at Seasalt but have the luxury of also heading back to your garden when you want some privacy